Recipe by Chef Ken Verschuren
Restaurant “De Tuinkamer”
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 x 125gr Line-caught Sea Bass
- 8 Scallops
- 1kg of Jerusalem Artichokes
- 4 egg yolks
- 30 g of hazelnuts
- San Carlos clear balsamic vinegar
- Fresh truffles
- “Perles de Gascogne” hazelnut oil
- Primo extra virgin olive oil
- Slab of Himalayan salt
- Fleur de sel, chives, salt, pepper, lime juice and iO extra virgin olive oil, chicken stock
- Sea bass
- 4 x 125 g of Line-caught sea bass. Season the fillets. Place them in vacuum plastic bags with the Primo extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the bags in a bain-maire at 55°c for 6 minutes.
- Before serving, leave them for a few moments on a very hot slab of Himalayan salt.
- Marinade the 8 scallops with pepper, a bit of fleur de sel, lime juice and iO extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice thinly.
- Jerusalem artichokes
- Peel 1 kg of Jerusalem artichokes and leave them in water. Drain and cook in just enough chicken stock with salt and pepper.
- Liquidise to a smooth cream
- In a bowl, mix 50 g of “Perles de Gascogne” hazelnut oil, 50 g iO extra virgin olive oil, a little of the artichoke broth and a little vanilla.
- Mix well
- Hazelnut cream
- In a mixer, combine 4 egg yolks, 30 g of hazelnuts, a little chicken stock, iO extra virgin olive oil and San Carlos clear balsamic vinegar.
- On a plate, dress with a julienne of fresh truffles, a few chopped chives, coarsely chopped hazelnuts and a drizzle of iO extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe kindly provided by our partner www.olive-net.be.