Recipe by Chef Stéphane Lefebvre
Restaurant Aux Petits Oignons in Belgium
- 2 young pigeon
- Perles de Gascogne Prune Kernel Oil
- Extra virgin “Fiore” olive oil
- Thyme, bay leaves, brown sugar, salt
- 4 waxy potatoes
- Peppers, courgettes
- 100 g of milk
- 70 g of muscovado sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g of soy sauce
- 1.6 g of agar-agar
- Young pigeons:
- Remove the thighs, brown them and preserve them in chicken stock with thyme, bay leaves and brown sugar.
- Gut and clean the rest of the pigeons and cook sous vide at 58°C with a bit of prune kernel oil for 1 hour.
- Roast the pigeons and remove the breasts.
- Stuffed potato:
- Clean 4 waxy potatoes, remove the middles and blanch them.
- Bone the lower part of the pigeon thighs, chop finely and add a brunoise of peppers, courgettes and chives.
- Add a dash of extra virgin “Fiore” olive oil
- Prune kernel foam:
- Mix 100 g milk, 20 g muscovado, 5 g prune kernel oil and 1 egg yolk.
- Heat to 80°C and make the foam with an electric whisk.
- Muscovado* rounds:
- Mix 130 g water, 20 g soy sauce, 50 g muscovado, a pinch of salt and 1.6 g agar-agar.
- Bring to the boil and then pour onto a tray. Cut into circles once it has cooled.
*Muscovado : Unrefined cane sugar from Mauritius
Recipe kindly provided by our partner www.olive-net.be.