Our feet spend the whole winter stuck in shoes and boots! Before rediscovering sand, flip-flops and sandals, it is recommended that you give them a bit of pampering and beauty therapy! And in just two steps of homemade treatments, your feet will be supple and soft once again!
- Hot water
- Coarse salt
- 1 dessert spoon of Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 1 dessert spoon of Perles de Gascogne walnut oil
- 1 dessert spoon of honey
- 1 dessert spoon of lemon juice
Step 1: foot bath
- Fill a basin three-quarters full with hot water. Add a handful of coarse salt and a dessert spoon of Ylang Ylang essential oil. Mix well.
- Immerse your feet completely in the water for 15 minutes.
Ylang Ylang essential oil is renowned for its moisturising properties. It also strengthens the nails and its characteristic fragrance helps you to relax during the foot bath. This first step enables you to improve the health of your skin and soften dead skin cells. To exfoliate more thoroughly, you can use a pumice stone after the foot bath.
Step 2: moisturising balm with walnut oil
- In a bowl, mix the walnut oil, honey and lemon juice.
- Apply to the whole foot up to the ankles. Leave for as long as possible (ideally overnight, with socks).
- Chill the rest of the mixture.
- Remix regularly for long-lasting effects.
Rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnut oil promotes skin regeneration, repairs the top skin layers and delays the ageing process.