Ingredients for the short crust pastry:
- 200 g of flour
- 100 g of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 50 ml of water
For the filling:
- 1/2 litre of milk
- 60 g of flour
- 150 g of caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- 1 dessert spoon of prune kernel oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Prepare the shortcrust pastry. Roll the pastry out to a thickness of about 3 mm. Line a greased and floured flan tin. Prick the base several times with a fork. Cook the pastry blind for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the flour, caster sugar, vanilla sugar, eggs, salt and the dessert spoon of prune kernel oil in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk to around 70 °C and add to the mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Fill the pastry case and cook the tart for 40 minutes.
For those food lovers who are watching their waistlines, you can still treat yourselves with a lighter version without pastry! For the light version, begin the recipe at step 3.